[xmlsec] Using OpenSSL beside XMLSec

Roumen Petrov xmlsec at roumenpetrov.info
Sun Sep 2 10:01:38 PDT 2007

Martin Salo wrote:
> Hello Roumen,
>
> if I use BIO_new_file+RSA_print I can write the key to a file. Doese this indicate that I'm using a wrong Runtime? (Because this time the IO-Stream was created by OpenSSL.) But Igor wrote I should use the MultithreadedDLL runtime. If I use another one I get a crash when I'm usign the XMLSec functions.
>
> [SNIP]

about "wrong runtime" - no
but binary incompatible  - yes.

About "(Because this time the IO-Stream was created by OpenSSL)" -
exactly this avoid crash.
With BIO_new_file+RSA_print c-runtime is definitely same.

Igor wrote "multi-threaded dynamic C-runtime| but point its name -
msvcrt.dll.
Also Igor point compiler/linker  and tools used to compile them.
I can guess that you {test} application is linked to other runtime.

My be a tools that trace dynamic library(dll) dependencies or which dll
is opened at runtime will show c-runtime difference.

Roumen