[xmlsec] CipherReference

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Jul 2 21:09:08 PDT 2007

Sorry, one more idea... If you have all nodes together under
the same parent:

<SomeNode>
   <NodeToEncrypt>
   </NodeToEncrypt>
   <NodeToEncrypt>
   </NodeToEncrypt>
</SomeNode>

Then you can encrypt the content of the <SomeNode> element
using "content" type encryption:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-eg-Element-Content

<SomeNode>
   <EncryptedData xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#'
   	         Type='http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Content'>
   </EncryptedData>
</SomeNode>

However, this works only if you want to encrypt the whole
content of the node <SomeNode>.

Aleksey