[xmlsec] signing of a document failing ....

Umesh Chandak umeshc at gslab.com
Mon Jun 4 05:32:08 PDT 2007

Hi All,
The sign1.c file of application code is failing if I give the
<ds:Reference URI="#body_id"> where body_id is id of the node which I
want to sign. If this node is modified to <ds:Reference URI=""> then
this code is working successfully. Can anybody tell me what can be the
problem in example file. I am attaching the example file. Error messages
that I got are ...
[umeshc at ashwini examples]$ ./sign1 sign1-tmpl.xml rsakey.pem
func=xmlSecXPathDataExecute:file=xpath.c:line=273:obj=unknown:subj=xmlXPtrEval:error=5:libxml2 library function failed:expr=xpointer(id('body_id'))
func=xmlSecXPathDataListExecute:file=xpath.c:line=356:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecXPathDataExecute:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecTransformXPathExecute:file=xpath.c:line=466:obj=xpointer:subj=xmlSecXPathDataExecute:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecTransformDefaultPushXml:file=transforms.c:line=2371:obj=xpointer:subj=xmlSecTransformExecute:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecTransformCtxXmlExecute:file=transforms.c:line=1207:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecTransformPushXml:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:transform=xpointer
func=xmlSecTransformCtxExecute:file=transforms.c:line=1267:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecTransformCtxXmlExecute:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigReferenceCtxProcessNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=1568:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecTransformCtxExecute:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessSignedInfoNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=804:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigReferenceCtxProcessNode:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:node=Reference
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessSignatureNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=547:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessSignedInfoNode:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxSign:file=xmldsig.c:line=303:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxSigantureProcessNode:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
Error: signature failed

Thanks.
Regards,
Umesh