[xmlsec] unable to run sign1.c

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue May 29 21:12:21 PDT 2007

> In file included from sign1.c:35:
> /data/xmlsec1-1.2.10/INSTALL-XMLSEC//include/xmlsec1/xmlsec/crypto.h:54:2: error: #error No crypto library defined
> sign1.c: In function ‘sign_file’:
> sign1.c:159: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast
> make: *** [sign1] Error 1
>
> what is this #error ? which preprocessor directive is this ?

This error means that we can not find default crypto
library. There are two options:
1) Something is wrong during the build. Run 'make check'
before running 'make install'.
2) Something is wrong with installation. Try to run
'xmlsec1-config' utility manually and check the output

http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-notes-compiling-unix.html