[xmlsec] installing xmlsec on OS-X

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:54:21 PDT 2007

Hi Aleksey,

I've been trying to get the command line utility for xmlsec running on my
OS-X PPC computer the last few days, and I've been having difficulties
getting xmlsec to find the right libraries to call openssl.  Basically, when
I try to encrypt an xml document, I get the error:

func=xmlSecCryptoDLLibraryCreate:file=
dl.c:line=130:obj=xmlsec_lt_dlopen:subj=unknown:error=7:io function
failed:filename=libxmlsec1-openssl.so
Error: unable to load xmlsec-openssl library. Make sure that you have this
it installed, check shared libraries path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH) envornment
variable or use "--crypto" option to specify different crypto engine.

The strange thing is that I DO have the xmlsec-openssl library installed:
% ls /usr/local/lib | grep ssllibxmlsec1-openssl.1.2.10.dylib
libxmlsec1-openssl.1.dylib
libxmlsec1-openssl.a
libxmlsec1-openssl.dylib
libxmlsec1-openssl.la

And I have created and exported a LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with
/usr/local/lib in the library path.  But still, xmlsec doesn't seem to find
it.

Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Greg