[xmlsec] Question about signature verification - message to STDERR seems to indicate failre, but it returns success?

James Olsen jamesml at planetolsen.com
Wed May 16 07:01:20 PDT 2007

Hello Aleksey,

AS> Check if your document has Manifest elements. The digest failure on
AS> the Manifest element does not invalidate the signature

AS> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-o-Manifest

Thank you for the tip; I'm currently using the documents provided
in the examples folder within the xmlsec tarball.

Here is the command line I'm using (all files from the tarball):

  ./sign3 sign3-doc.xml rsakey.pem rsacert.pem > sign3-res.xml

I compiled the same tarball on a linux box, and I was able to properly
sign the same xml file using the same files. The issue would seem to
be either the architecture (different endian, 64-bit vs. 32-bit) or a
supporting library, such as openssl. However, I admit I'm very
inexperienced at C/C++, especially on the unix platform so I am only
guessing at what the problem(s) might be.

Thank you for your time. I will post again if I discover anything
else.

--
James
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at