[xmlsec] Question about signature verification - message to STDERR seems to indicate failre, but it returns success?

James Olsen jamesml at planetolsen.com
Tue May 8 17:10:41 PDT 2007

Hello Aleksey,

AS> Are you using the xml file from the example or some other file?

Thank you for replying. Your question made me wonder if the problem
might be my data, so I thought I should try using the supplied
certificates/keys/xml in the examples directory instead of my own and see
what results I get. I thought I'd try signing a document myself first
(using the example files and program) and then verifying the signed file.

When I try to sign a document, using the supplied example "sign3",
here's what I get:

./sign3 sign3-doc.xml rsakey.pem rsacert.pem > sign3-res.xml
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessSignatureNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=463:obj=unknown:subj=dsigCtx->signValueNode == NULL:error=100:assertion:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxSign:file=xmldsig.c:line=303:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxSigantureProcessNode:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
Error: signature failed

At this point, I'm going to guess you might want some information
about the system this is compiled on, so here's some info:
Solaris on a Sun Sparc, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, xmlsec 1.2.10, and libxml2
2.6.28, and gcc 3.4.2. I'm pretty new to using C also, so I'm not sure
what other information might be valuable.

Thank you for your help, it is truly appreciated.

--
James
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at