[xmlsec] xmlsec1 and RetrievalMethod

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Sat Apr 28 21:07:52 PDT 2007

> Is the xmlsec1 utility supposed to be able to retrieve public keys via
> HTTP URLs in RetrievalMethod? If so, any idea where I'm going wrong?

Yes, it should work. There are tests in the xmlsec source tarball that
do exactly that. However, you need to make sure that
0) setup is correct (i.e. the correct file can be found at the given
uri, the xml is good, etc.)
1) libxml2 is compiled with http support
2) xmlsec is compiled with RetrievalMethod enabled by default

Note that 1) and 2) are true for the default libxml2/xmlsec compilation.
However, I have no idea if this is still true for the Ubuntu versions.

Best,