[xmlsec] xmlInitParser() crashes when timer functions are used like CreateTimerQueueTimer()

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 04:01:28 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 05:12:29PM +0530, Yeshwanth C wrote:
> I did that also i.e. call xmlInitParser only once in the constructor, but
> internally i.e xmlParseFile() calls xmlInitParser() and the application
> crashes.  Kindly advise

  Ah okay, but then it should have the global variable initialized
and return immediately. Never call xmlParserCleanup() and make 100%
sure your libxml2/xmlsec and own code are compiled with exactly the
same compiler with exactly the same flags, mysterious crashes like
this are a Windows speciality when mixing runtimes. Sorry but this
get OS and compiler specific at that point, and there is no way I can
provide any kind of debug advaice on your platform.
If not resolved by those steps, check with the support for your
compiler/runtime/os provider(s)

Daniel