[xmlsec] Encrypt only sections/Dont write plain to HD.

Mike Fudd mifudd at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 07:46:52 PST 2006

Hello Mailinglist,

I want to create a new file format (XML) for our application. The file
format should have encrypted sections. The examples encrypt1.c, encrypt2.c
and encrypt3.c are showing how to encrypt a whole existing XML. That are my
problems:

1. The writer example of Libxml2 (testWriter.c) shows how to write XML tags
directly to a file or into the RAM. Is it possible to use XMLSec to encrypt
the XML file in the RAM? Because the plain text should never be written to
harddisk. Is an example available?

2. How can I encrypt only some parts of an XML file? Is there a way to use
the LibXml2 write commands through the XmlSec Api? (There is a LibXml2
function xmlTextWriterStartElement, than XmlSec could provide a function
xmlTextWriterStartElementSec that saves the next element only encrypted to
HD and all necessary encryption elemens like EncryptionMethod, KeyInfo, ...
with them.)

Regards

Mike