[xmlsec] What can I do with Xmlsec?

Mike Fudd mifudd at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 10:46:00 PST 2006

Hello Mailinglist,

I want to develop a fileformat based on XML. Some parts of the file must be
encrypted. A signature should be attached to warn the user that the file was
externly changed and my not work with our application.

In the internet I have searched for an XML parser with encryption and found
Xmlsec. But what doese Xmlsec+Libxml2 for me?
1. There is an Xml file with encrypted parts. Who doese the decryption?
Xmlsec? The only thing I have to implement is a secure place for the
decryption keys. Right?

2. Who doese the signatur thing? Who creates it, who checks it? Are this
tasks automated within Xmlsec?

3. Libxml is a validating parser. With encryption and signature features are
comming a lot of extra XML elements. (According to the standard how enc and
sig must be implemented). Must I put this elements into the schema? If yes,
is there a schema creating program that doese this work for me? Altova
Xml-Spy doesnt.

Best wishes

Mike