[xmlsec] Link error (_xmlSecNodeSignature, _xmlSecDSigNs)

Berthold Meiser berthold.meiser at gmx.de
Wed Dec 13 08:07:12 PST 2006

Hello Aleksey,

I have no experience with makefiles. But I dont think that this is the problem. The compiler cannot find some usesd symbols.

You said that this symbols are defined in libxmlsec.lib. I have included this lib in my compiler settings like all other libs. Maybe this release dont have them. Maybe I should ask Igor Zlatkovic about it.

My source is this:
#define XMLSEC_CRYPTO_OPENSSL
#define LIBXML_STATIC
#define LIBXSLT_STATIC
#define XMLSEC_STATIC
#define LIBEXSLT_STATIC
//#define XMLSEC_CRYPTO_DYNAMIC_LOADING

#include "sign1.c"
// main() routine of sign1.c is renamed to main_sig().

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
	printf("Hello World!\n");
	main_sig(argc, (char **)&argv);
	return 0;
}

The error message is:
Linking...
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlSecNodeSignature
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlSecDSigNs
Debug/Test2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Regards

Berthold