[xmlsec] Pin Caching

Jürgen Heiss jheiss at Mesonic.com
Mon Oct 9 06:28:56 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm using a ReinerSct Card Reader to sign my files. This Card reader use PinCaching.
This means if I want to sign 3 files I only need to type in the PinCount and the PIN one time on the CardReader.

do
{
 if(xmlSecDSigCtxInitialize(&dsigCtx, gKeysMngr) < 0)
   {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: dsig context initialization failed\n");
    return(-1);
   }

   if(xmlSecAppPrepareDSigCtx(&dsigCtx) < 0)
   {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: dsig context preparation failed\n");
    goto done;
   }

      /* parse template and select start node */
   data = xmlSecAppXmlDataCreate(filename, xmlSecNodeSignature, xmlSecDSigNs);
   if(data == NULL)
   {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: failed to load template \"%s\"\n", filename);
    goto done;
   }
      /* sign */
   start_time = clock();
   if(xmlSecDSigCtxSign(&dsigCtx, data->startNode) < 0)
   {
    fprintf(stderr,"Error: signature failed \n");
    goto done;
   }

}

But every time when I call xmlSecDSigCtxSign I have to tell the Pin again to the card reader.
I think this is because xmlSecDSigCtxSign Opens the MsCrypto Sign the file and close MsCrypto again.

Does anyone have some ideas?

Thanks