[xmlsec] Help with x509 Serial

Chris McQueen chris at dctransform.com
Tue Oct 3 17:02:10 PDT 2006

I am not much of a programmer, so please forgive me.
I have the latest version xmlsec installed on our development
FC3 box (which was a task in itself for me) and I have been
stumbling along with xmlsec on a new project.

I am using the example code for signing with x509 here:

http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-examples-sign-x509.html

Works great as far as it goes, but it does not put the following within
the <X509Data> block that I need to appear to meet our vendor's
specifications:

<X509IssuerSerial>
<X509IssuerName></X509IssuerName>
<X509SerialNumber></X509SerialNumber>
</X509IssuerSerial>

What would I need to add to the sign3.c example to achieve this result?

I am using openssl engine.  Thanks!