[xmlsec] RE: Entrust CSP and XMLSec mscrypto - Part 5

Ed Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Sat Sep 16 12:49:24 PDT 2006

Hi Guys,

Perhaps adding another cert find attempt. Something like the following

in xmlSecMSCryptoKeysStoreFindCert ...

Current 1st attempt

    /* first attempt: search by cert id == name */

Current 2nd attempt

    /* We don't give up easily, now try to fetch the cert with a full blown

     * subject dn

     */

Current 3rd attempt

    /* We don't give up easily, now try to fetch the cert with a full blown

     * subject dn, and try with a reversed dn

     */

Here we could add a 4th attempt which loops through the store's certificates
and for each context loops through the properties looking for the Friendly
Name and then return this cert context if Friendly Name matches.

while(pCertContext= CertEnumCertificatesInStore(

     hStoreHandle,

     pCertContext))

{

//-------------------------------------------------------------------

// Loop to find all of the property identifiers for the specified

// certificate. The loop continues until

// CertEnumCertificateContextProperties returns zero.

    while(dwPropId = CertEnumCertificateContextProperties(

           pCertContext, // The context whose properties are to be listed.

           dwPropId))    // Number of the last property found.

                     // This must be zero to find the first

                     // property identifier.

    {

// Use a switch in case we want to test for other properties in the future

// Wouter I think one could replace the loop thru the Properties above with

// a direct call to CertGetCertificateContextProperty specifying
CERT_FRIENDLY_NAME_PROP_ID

// as the dwPropId argument. You may try this method if you like it better.
Ed

       switch(dwPropId)

       {

         case CERT_FRIENDLY_NAME_PROP_ID:

         {

// We found our property identifier

           break;

         }

       } // End switch.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------

// Retrieve information on the property by first getting the

// property size.

       if(CertGetCertificateContextProperty(

             pCertContext,

             dwPropId ,

             NULL,

             &cbData))

        {

        //  Continue.

        }

        else {

// If the first call to the function failed,

// exit to an error routine.

          xmlSecError(XMLSEC_ERRORS_HERE, ……

        }

//-------------------------------------------------------------------

// The call succeeded. Use the size to allocate memory

// for the property.

        if(pvData = (void*)malloc(cbData)) {

        // Memory is allocated. Continue.

        }

        else {

        // If memory allocation failed, exit to an error routine.

           xmlSecError(XMLSEC_ERRORS_HERE, ……

        }

        // Allocation succeeded. Retrieve the property data.

        if(CertGetCertificateContextProperty(

            pCertContext,

            dwPropId,

            pvData,

            &cbData)) {

            if (pvData == name) {          // is it name which contains the
incoming <KeyName>?

                return pCertContext;

            }

        }

        else {

        // If an error occurred in the second call,

        // exit to an error routine.

          xmlSecError(XMLSEC_ERRORS_HERE, ……

        }

        // Free the certificate context property memory.

        free(pvData);                        // or is it xmlFree(pvData)

    }   // End inner while.

} // End outer while.

Ed