[xmlsec] Trusted certs directory

dnorrell at gmx.net dnorrell at gmx.net
Tue Aug 15 05:26:55 PDT 2006

Looking at this further, it appears the problem is with this line in xmlSecOpenSSLX509StoreInitialize

X509_LOOKUP_add_dir(lookup, (char*)path, X509_FILETYPE_DEFAULT);

What seems to happen is that that X509_FILETYPE_DEFAULT parameter tells openssl to look in the default location for certs, which is defined by the SSL_CERT_DIR environment variable. Changing the line to

X509_LOOKUP_add_dir(lookup, (char*)path, X509_FILETYPE_PEM);

solves the problem for me. I think this will also affect xmlSecOpenSSLX509StoreAddCertsPath.

David