[xmlsec] RE: Can you Verify this signature ?

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Aug 7 19:00:27 PDT 2006

>    Aleksey, is emailAddress incorrect or non-standard ? If so, am I
> introducing this improper use of emailAddress or is it XMLSec ?

Theoretically, it is certificate's subject as DName and it can contain
anything as long as it is encoded correctly. I do not believe that
the emailAddress can cause problems. However, the duplicate O= can.
I can't find "uniqueness" requirement in rfc 2253 but I never seen
duplicate entries in certificate subjects before.