[xmlsec] keyset does not exist for windows xp home

Timothy Jeffcoat timcoat at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 14:15:58 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have a situation that seems to be related to the
issue defined at
http://www.aleksey.com/pipermail/xmlsec/2006/003252.html
 which means I get the error

func=xmlSecMSCryptoBlockCipherInitialize:file=..\src\mscrypto\ciphers.c:line=556:obj=aes256-cbc:subj=CryptAcquireContext:error=4:crypto
library function failed: ;last error=-2146893802
(0x80090016);last error msg=Keyset does not exist

when I try to encrypt on a Win XP Home machine that I
am testing with.  On my development machine I have no
problems of this kind (my development machine is a Win
XP Pro).

Could someone tell me what I should do to solve this
problem? The response to the afore mentioned thread
http://www.aleksey.com/pipermail/xmlsec/2006/003254.html
indicates that the keyset should be created for the
user beforehand.  Okay, I could do that if I
understood what the means.

thanks for the help.

tj