[xmlsec] RE: Need urgent help for verify

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Thu Jun 1 03:29:46 PDT 2006

What do you mean the document is no longer valid ?

If it verifies the References covered by the signature are valid. If the DN
in the certificate refers to the same certifiacte as the friendly name in
the KeyName, the KeyName is redundant. This is what I am doing. I am
removing the Keyname for the verify and then putting it back in for
consistency.

Alternatively you can tell xmlsec which key sources to consult using the
enabledKeyData list. I find this a pain and prefer to check the keys in each
location myself. If you have created the signature yourself and are
subsequently verifying it, you know they are the same. They should rarely
differ. In fact I cannot think of an instance where the contents of
X509Certificate should get overridden by KeyName in a Verify. Even when
including issuer certificates, they end up as more than one X509Certificate.
I buy that if X509Certifiate is not there one can consult KeyName, but
rarely if ever the reverse. But that is just my opinion. I would like to see
an order to the certificate search.

Ed