[xmlsec] RE: Need urgent help for verify

ed.shallow at rogers.com ed.shallow at rogers.com
Wed May 31 11:25:12 PDT 2006

Sure, agree. But the KeyName means something specific in the mscrypto world as xmlsec is interpretting it as the MS "friendly" cert name in the crypto store. I would contend that priority should be given to any included X509Certificate when verifying. This is one of the reasons signers attempt to make things as easy as possible for the verifier by including such things. Even CRLs and issuer certs make verification almost totally independent of external dependencies.

Does it not make sense to check X509Certificate first ? Or must we consciously remove KeyName to avoid problems in the mscrypto world where the chances of actually having the public verification certificate in the verifiers mscrypto store is remote at best ?

Ed