[xmlsec] FW: Free/Destroy versus Memory Leak

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue May 2 07:43:49 PDT 2006

> You do not see it with the sign ?
I do see memory growth with both sign and verify... but I don't see
anything in Purify.

> Do you think it could be the environment around xmlsec ?
I highly doubt that.

> Might this not leak on a freshly installed XP machine ?
Same. It *might* depend on Service Pack though but it definitely leaks
on SP2 I have.

> Has the CVS been updated with this patch ?
Yes.

> Is it in the daily snapshot ?
I need to update my script to generate snapshots... Unfortunately it is
broken after some changes on GNOME CVS server.

> I will have to wait for Igor to recompile and re-post.

Well, you can try to compile xmlsec yourself... it is very simple:
1) Get libxml2/libxslt binaries from Igor's website. Unpack them
somewhere, say into c:\sdk\ folder so you get something like this:

    c:\sdk\
           bin\
           include\
           lib\

2) Get xmlsec sources from CVS.

3) Go to the xmlsec\win32 folder and edit the mycfg.bat file. Main
thing to change is to put the "c:\sdk" path from 1) into XMLSEC_PREFIX
variable. Then adjust other parameters as needed (e.g. check the
list of enabled crypto engines).

4) Run mycfg.bat, check output.

5) Run nmake, check output. Run 'nmake check' to execute xmlsec
unit tests.

6) Pickup binaries from xmlsec\win32\binaries folder.