[xmlsec] FW: Free/Destroy versus Memory Leak

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Mon May 1 18:06:30 PDT 2006

Hi Aleksey and Igor and Dmitry,

    Thanks for the recompiled libxmlsec 1.2.9+ Igor !!!  I ran the --repeat
test again using the command line utility as follows ...

xmlsec verify --crypto mscrypto --repeat 1000 --trusted-der
keys/upu-cacert.der inout/edsigned-enveloped.xml

The run started off at around 4800K and ended up around 45,000K
I changed --repeat to 2000 and I ended up at 86,000K

This was observed using Task Manager.

Not sure what is going on. Either the February patch (reordering key cleanup
calls) does not entirely fix the memory leak, or 1.2.9+ is still not picking
up the patch. Can't say for sure.

This is on WinXP using Igor's brand new libxmlsec 1.2.9+ binaries dated
14/04/2006. Our python/xmlsec server application exhibits the same memory
profile i.e. rapidly growing.

I know I am picking up Igor's latest 14/04/2006 .dll's on my path as I
renamed them to make sure and they naturally failed. OpenSSL crypto seems
fine, no leak, flat memory profile, much faster too !!!

Ideas ?
Ed