[xmlsec] SignatureValue

Telly Antonios tantonios at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 09:00:45 PST 2006

In fact, i'm using xmlsec inside an application (i'm using the API not the
command line utility).
And i need to verify a signed document and then timestamp the signature
verification.

In order to do that, i have to create a digest from a canonicalized
SignatureValue node. For example:

<ds:SignatureValue xmlns:ds="http://...">B64SIGNATURE...</ds:SignatureValue>

The canonicalization algorithm to use is the one that is defined inside the
xml signature (ds:CanonicalizationMethod).
I can't find a way to get a canonicalized SignatureValue node (without
dumping all the document).

What can i do ?

Thank you,
tantonios