[xmlsec] XML Sig crashes....

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 10:27:06 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:15:06AM -0800, Yee Hsu wrote:

> Um... thanks, but I don't think that is the case.
>
> I set it up to use Multithreaded DLL /Md (in release)
> And it still crashes.
>
> I stripped down every code until I get this piece...
> And it STILL crashes.....

[...]

>         xmlDocDump(stdout, doc);				// CRASHES
> HERE

[...]
> Perhaps something is wrong with the libxml2 lib/dll I am using.

  Welcome to the wonderful land of programming on Windows.
Your library was compiled with a given enviroment where FILE is defined in one
way, and you're compiling your app in another environment where FILE is
defined differently. So when you pass the FILE * from code compiled in
step 2 referencing step 2 libc FILE information it doesn't match at all
what libxml2 code compiled in step 1 expect, and your app just crash

  Best advise: change platform
  Otherwise: recompile the libraries for your real target environment

 have fun,

Daniel