[xmlsec] Applying Multiple Signatures

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Thu Feb 16 22:41:50 PST 2006

> The First signture is appIied without problem. However, upon applying
> a second signature I can only reapply over the first again. I am
> attempting to utilize the following command sequence for the second
> attempt:
> xmlsec1 --sign --id-attr:Id Signature --node-id Second --privkey-pem
> rsakey.pem document-template.xml

$ man xmlsec1

--id-attr[:<attr-name>] [<node-namespace-uri>:]<node-name>

adds attributes <attr-name> (default value "id") from all nodes
with<node-name> and namespace <node-namespace-uri> to the list of known
ID attributes; this is a hack and if you can use DTD or schema to
declare ID attributes instead (see "--dtd-file" option), I don't know
what else might be broken in your application when you use this hack.

Thus I would try something like
$ xmlsec1 --sign
   --id-attr:Id http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#:Signature
   --node-id Second