[xmlsec] Xmlsec vs. ApacheSecurity project

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Feb 13 13:48:42 PST 2006

> - number of users and projects(I know, that xmlsec is used by
> OpenOffice) right?

Right. Some other projects are listed in the "Projects" section

http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/related.html#projects

BTW, if anyone wants to have some xmlsec based project listed there
then just let me know :)

> - suport for different standards (looking at this mailing list I have
> found out, that Apache has some problems with the XPath transform...)

http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/xmldsig.html
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/xmlenc.html
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/c14n.html

For all implemented features xmlsec passes all known W3C interop tests.

> - performance (I have found some benchmarks on
> http://xmlbench.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=results.php)

You might want to run the workload you expect in your application to
get more meaningful results.

> - size of the development team

Currently active development is done by people interested in extending
the library and I am working as a gatekeeper for the patches they
provide. For example, at the moment there is a big active project
adding support for GOST algorithms implemented by Dmitry Belyavsky.

Best,