[xmlsec] build problems under Suse 9.3/AMD/64

Stefan Wachter Stefan.Wachter at gmx.de
Mon Jan 23 00:07:16 PST 2006

Hi all,

I tried hard to install the xmlsec1 library on my system (Suse 9.3, AMD 
processor, 64-Bit) but failed. First of all I did not found a 
corresponding binary package. So I tried an installation from the source 
RPM. The source RPM that is provided for Fedora-Core seems not to be 
compatible with my Suse 9.3. Therefore I tried the source RPM that is 
provided by Christian Rauch at 

Unfortunately I encountered problems which I already discussed with 
Christian Rauch. He told me, that I should contact the developers of the 
xmlsec library.

The command "rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPECS/xmlsec1.spec" does not 
create the binary package but installs the libraries straight into the 
/usr/lib64 directory. In order to have the /usr/lib64 directory used 
instead of the /usr/lib directory I edited the xmlsec1.spec file and 
replaced every occurence of %{prefix}/lib with %{prefix}/lib64. In 
addition I added a " --libdir=/usr/lib64" option to the CFLAGS.

During processing the rpmbuild command the following line is output:

libtool: install: warning: relinking `libxmlsec1-nss.la'
> (cd /usr/src/packages/BUILD/xmlsec1-1.2.9/src/nss; /bin/sh
> ../../libtool  --tag=CC --mode=relink gcc -O2 -g -o libxmlsec1-nss.la
> -rpath /usr/lib64 -version-info 3:9:2 app.lo bignum.lo ciphers.lo
> crypto.lo digests.lo hmac.lo pkikeys.lo signatures.lo symkeys.lo x509.lo
> x509vfy.lo keysstore.lo keytrans.lo kw_des.lo kw_aes.lo ../libxmlsec1.la
> -Wl,-rpath-link -Wl,/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lnss3 -lsmime3 -Wl,-rpath-link
> -Wl,/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lnspr4 -lplds4 -lplc4 -L/usr/lib64 -lxslt
> -lxml2 -lpthread -lz -lm -L/usr/lib64 -lxml2 -lpthread -lz -lm )

Christian Rauch said that on his machine there is a

-inst-prefix-dir /var/tmp/xmlsec1-1.2.9-root

option after the -lm flag.

The attached files are the complete output during the processing of the 
rpmbuild command and the config.log file from 

I hope I described the problem succintly enough.

Best regards,

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: xmlsec1.log.gz
Type: application/x-tar
Size: 10233 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.aleksey.com/pipermail/xmlsec/attachments/20060123/770efa07/xmlsec1.log-0002.tar
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config.log.gz
Type: application/x-tar
Size: 13688 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.aleksey.com/pipermail/xmlsec/attachments/20060123/770efa07/config.log-0002.tar

More information about the xmlsec mailing list