[Bulk] Re: [xmlsec] ErrorsCallback ???

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Fri Jan 6 08:55:18 PST 2006

 Thanks for your patience,

   All I would like to do is trap the most informative message in whatever
way works, I am not fussy. In this simple password example it would be "The
specified network password is not correct" message. Neither of 1) setting
ErrorsCallback or 2) using xmlGetLastError is working for me. This is true
of both openssl and mscrypto. With the ErrorsCallback set, mscrypto returns
nothing in the msg argument, and openssl returns the offending p12 file
name. I think it makes sense to get back the more informative "The specified
network password is not correct" message.

   The best would be to get at this "most informative" msg which always goes
to stderr perfectly, but can't be trappped in any easy way programmatically.
The xmlGetLastError seemed very attractive and it does work perfectly for
all libxml2 calls and returns output which is identical to stderr.

Hope this helps,
Ed