[Bulk] Re: [xmlsec] ErrorsCallback ???

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Thu Jan 5 20:39:12 PST 2006

PostScript ...

     A call to the following works fine after any libxml2 function throwing
an error. I tried it after a failed xmlsec function call and received
nothing (i.e. Python None aka NULL)

Ed

errMsg = self.checkLibxml2Error()

def checkLibxml2Error(self):
    libxml2 = self.env.libxml2
    errMsg = None
    errorPtr = libxml2.xmlGetLastError()
    if errorPtr != 0:
        try:
            error = xmlError.from_address(errorPtr)                     #
set up pointer to a libxml2 xmlError structure
            errMsg = 'level ' + str(error.level) + ' error in domain ' +
str(error.domain) + ' code ' + str(error.code) + error.message, ' at line '
+ str(error.line)
        except:
            errMsg = 'Fatal error in xmlGetLastError function'
    return errMsg