[xmlsec] Wouter's response to mscrypto password callback

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Fri Dec 16 12:26:03 PST 2005

On Friday 16 December 2005 20:03, Edward Shallow wrote:
> Hi Aleksey,
>
>    Is there an equivalent password callback that is similar in
> functionality to the xmlsec xmlSecErrorsSetCallback ?
>
> I am using private keys with passwords loaded by name from the MS
> Crypto Store. At run time the Windows password prompt dialog box pops
> up. I would like to be able to specify/set a password callback which
> would take a string argument and return a password.
>
> Is this possible with mscrypto ? If not is there another way to do this ?

Password callback functionality is not implemented for mscrypto currently,
the reason for this is that MS CryptoAPI does only have partial password
callback support itself: only for certain crypto service providers, only on
the latest platforms, like windows XP and up.

You could give it a try though....

Wouter