[xmlsec] Cross-compiling for mscrypto

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Dec 5 07:47:05 PST 2005

> 1. How do I cross-compile xmlsec to use mscrypto on unix host using mingw?
> ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i586-mingw32msvc
> --with-mscrypto=yes

Well, I don't believe you can do it. "./configure" script knows nothing
about mscrypto at the moment (usual note: I do accept patches :) ).

> 2. I have problems linking libxmlsec on Win32 platform. I configure from
> win32/ subdir with
> cscript configure.js crypto=mscrypto and get a lot of errors beginning
> with
>
> ..\include\xmlsec/mscrypto/app.h(48) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'hKey'
> ..\include\xmlsec/mscrypto/app.h(48) : error C2081: 'HCRYPTKEY' : name in formal parameter list illegal
> ..\include\xmlsec/mscrypto/app.h(48) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'hKey'
I believe the HCRYPTKEY handle is defined in wincrypt.h file.
Thus you either don't have this file or it does not have this
definition. You might want to get the latest and greatest version
of MSSDK and make sure that INCLUDE paths are set correctly.