[xmlsec] Win98 support for xmlSecMSCryptoDigestInitialize

xs04.jmdesp at free.fr xs04.jmdesp at free.fr
Tue Nov 29 06:46:05 PST 2005

Selon Wouter Ketting <wsh at xs4all.nl>:
> On Monday 14 November 2005 19:23, xs04.jmdesp at free.fr wrote:
> > OTOH maybe it's time for xmlsec to begin to think about MS_ENH_RSA_AES_PROV
> > in signatures because of it's support for SHA-2 algorithms, even if only
> > the most up to date platforms have it.
>
> I think you have 2 valid points here. Do you have any idea what platform
> exactly is providing MS_ENH_RSA_AES_PROV provider support?

Windows Server 2003 and the beta for Vista.

XP and it's service pack only have MS_ENH_RSA_AES_PROV_PROTO which is missing
just those hash algorithms compared to the server 2003 version.

I notice that the current code in xmlsec uses MS_ENH_RSA_AES_PROV_PROTO, not
MS_ENH_RSA_AES_PROV, and even defines it if not found.

I'd like to test if the two implementations of that provider have a mapping for
each other's name. If not the case, that means trouble for Windows Server 2003
users trying to make use of AES in xmlsec with MS CAPI provider.