[xmlsec] xmlAddNewNode - urgent help

dk at pdx.edu dk at pdx.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:58:56 PST 2005

Hi all,
   i am not sure if i should post this message here. But the problem is as
follows.

I am trying to add a new node called 'data' to the xml digital signature
template file provided for sign1.c. i do this by

const xmlChar* name = "data"; //1
const unsigned char* content = "sample data";//2

node = xmlSecFindNode(xmlDocGetRootElement(doc), xmlSecNodeSignature,
xmlSecDSigNs);

xmlNodePtr node_new = xmlNewChild(node, NULL, name, content);

At both line 1 and 2, i get the same error as
warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness

Please tell me what is wrong in the above fragment. or atleast tell me another
way of creating my own node and adding contents to it in template file.

Thanks in advance for any clarification in this regard.

Divya