[xmlsec] command line and sign/verify example

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Oct 31 07:40:28 PST 2005

> 1. Why we need to have a pair a file ( the signed xml and the pem file )
> for verification (verify2 ) since the signed xml already contain the
> information for the X509 certificate ?
Because you want to make sure that you "trust" the certificate used for
signature. Please read any modern book about PKI.

> 2. Do you have any idea why this function returns failed for the p12
> file during verification.

You need to make sure that the file is really p12 file.

> I using #define XMLSEC_CRYPTO_OPENSSL because I have problem to compile
> with #define XMLSEC_CRYPTO_MSCRYPTO
It seems like you are missing some includes. Make sure that your
project environment is correct.

> 3. I have problem to sign a file using the xmlsec command line. I want
> to sign a file with p12.
>     xmlsec
> Error: failed to find default node with name= "Signature"
This means that you don't have dsig:Signature node. Check your signature
template and read the XMLDSig spec.

Best,