[xmlsec] Verification succeeds without CA certificates

Asbjørn Oskal asbjorn.oskal at welldiagnostics.com
Wed Sep 7 10:26:42 PDT 2005

Hi!

I have a little problem verifying xml signatures.
The problem is that it just don't care about CA certificates.

I only set the

m_dsigCtx->signKey = xmlSecCryptoAppKeyLoad(tmpfile.c_str(),
xmlSecKeyDataFormatCertPem, NULL, NULL, NULL);

and the verification returns xmlSecDSigStatusSucceeded.

But I thought I had to add the CA certificates that has issued the signing
certificate for the verification to succeed.
This is also what I have done but then I got this bad feeling that the CAs I
added with

xmlSecCryptoAppKeysMngrCertLoad(m_keysMngr, tmpfile.c_str(),
xmlSecKeyDataFormatPem, xmlSecKeyDataTypeTrusted)

was not taken into account.

I tried verifying without adding any CAs. And it worked.

Of course I want the verification to fail if the signKey can not be
verified. I.e the process cannot find the CAs
What am I doing wrong?

:)