[xmlsec] assertion in openssl/evp.c

Bernd Becker bb at bernd-becker.de
Mon Jul 11 07:49:48 PDT 2005

Hi Aleksey,

I have been using your fine lib to sign XML messages for a while now
and on one customer machine (running Windows 2003 on a multiprocessor host)
the following lines are being written into the log file:

func=:file=..\src\openssl\evp.c:line=1164:obj=unknown:subj=(pKey == NULL)
|| (pKey->type == EVP_PKEY_RSA):error=100:assertion:
func=:file=..\src\xmldsig.c:line=871:obj=unknown:subj=unknown:error=45:key
is not found:
func=:file=..\src\xmldsig.c:line=565:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessKeyInfoNode:error=1:xmlsec
library function failed:
func=:file=..\src\xmldsig.c:line=303:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxSigantureProcessNode:error=1:xmlsec
library function failed:

It seems to me that xmlSecOpenSSLKeyDataRsaGetEvp() called in
xmlSecOpenSSLKeyDataRsaGetRsa()
is failing somehow. As I am seeing this for the first time (the same code
has been running fine
for months) and only on this particular machine I am suspecting some race
condition.

Do you have any idea?

I will only be able to access the machine tomorrow to do some debugging, so
I could
provide more details then (along with my code). But If you have any hint
beforehand,
that could be helpful.

Thanks,
Bernd