[xmlsec] XML Security Library 1.2.8 release

Tomas Sieger tomas.sieger at systinet.com
Fri Jun 17 06:04:59 PDT 2005

Hi,
  I found a problem in xmlsec1-1.2.8/configure in
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/download/xmlsec1-1.2.8.tar.gz.
When it looks for shared crypto libraries, it uses test like:
  [line 24965:]
   if test -f "$with_openssl/lib/libcrypto$shrext"
but note that 'shrext' is not defined, so the library couldn't be found.

Note that configure in xmlsec1-1.2.7 does not contain this problem, in the former version
the test looks like:
  [the same line:]
   if test -f "$with_openssl/lib/libcrypto.so"

It is probably a problem of generating configure from configure.in.
For me, a hack in form of an exlicit define 'shrext=".so"' at the beginning of configure
solved the issue.

I just wanted to let you know, it took me some time to determine what's wrong :-).

  have a nice weekend

   Tomas