[xmlsec] building without DTD validation support in libxml

Rich Salz rsalz at datapower.com
Thu May 12 06:58:10 PDT 2005

>   you need to parse the DTD to have attribute defaultingi which are
> a requirement for the XPath data model.

Section 5.2.1 of the XPath spec has a NOTE that says "If a document does
not have a DTD..."  So I don't think a DTD is required.

(This brings up my old issue, of course, since the second part of the
note says that without a DTD no element will have a unique ID.  But how
you're supposed to handle that when XPath also requires namespaces is, I
guess, left as an exercise for the implementor.)

	/r$

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology                           http://www.datapower.com