[xmlsec] Init Shutdown episode 2

steve mackley stvmackley at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 08:08:37 PST 2005

Hi,
If latter on I'll try to use xmlsec in my program, I
will probably call the xmlsec_init and xmlsec_shutdown
several time. In fact I initalise a process and then
fork it, but in some case, I may need to init,
release, init the lib.

For these reason I did the following test :
 for(i=0; i<100; i++) {
  if(init_xmlsec() != 0) {
      fprintf(stderr,"Init failed\n");
    } else {
      fprintf(stderr,"Init Succeed\n");
    }
    if(shutdown_xmlsec() != 0) {
      fprintf(stderr,"Shutdown failed\n");
    } else {
      fprintf(stderr,"Shutdown Succeed\n");
    }
}

These functions have the code copied from
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-notes-init-shutdown.html

After one successfull round (1 init, 1shutdown) that's
crach, here after my log.
Start Test
Init Succeed
Shutdown Succeed
Init Succeed
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption
(fasttop): 0x08339288 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

Is it a bad pratice to init and shutdown several time
the lib. I do know that a little bit ....