[xmlsec] static compiling

steve mackley stvmackley at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 06:55:08 PST 2005

Hi,
Thanks for the previous advice, that a good solution.
I try to compil a small test program and link all libs
in  static mode and no dynamic loading.

For xmlsec :
I did :
config_xmlsec   = ./configure

--enable-pkgconfig=no
                                 --enable-shared=no

           --enable-static-linking=yes

--enable-crypto-dl=no

--enable-apps-crypto-dl=no

--with-libxml= xxx
             --with-libxslt=  xxx

--with-openssl=xxx
--prefix=xxxx

&& make && make install

Then I compil and link my program with the lib
with the following flags :
-Wall -DLASSO_DEBUG -DXMLSEC_CRYPTO=\"openssl\"

-DXMLSEC_LIBXML_260=1

-D__XMLSEC_FUNCTION__=__FUNCTION__

-DXMLSEC_NO_XKMS=1

-DXMLSEC_NO_CRYPTO_DYNAMIC_LOADING=1

With the following code :
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-notes-init-shutdown.html

Of course the functions :
warning: implicit declaration of function
`xmlSecCryptoAppInit'
warning: implicit declaration of function
`xmlSecCryptoInit'
are not found declared and symbol are missing.

This is probably due to
app.h where nothing is defined if
XMLSEC_NO_CRYPTO_DYNAMIC_LOADING is defined.

So I get confuse:
what should I do to build a correct program with  both
static link and no dynamic loading ?
Should I really call all these functions :
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-notes-init-shutdown.html

Best regards.