[xmlsec] Big patch to xmlsec in recent OpenOffice.org sources

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Mar 8 01:46:28 PST 2005

>> Unfortunately, I found quite  a lot of problems with these changes:
>>   - hmac does not work at all (I guess, the reason is symkeys.c changes)
>>   - aes key wrap does not at all
>>   - many des encryption regression tests do not work
>>
> :-( But all of the above interfaces have been tested and used in
> encryption at staroffice internally. I'm afraid it is because we haven't
> change the app* implementations.

Well, I don't know details about the testing you did. But I already
found that none of AES encryption can possibly work because of line 112
in symkeys.c which looks defenetly wrong to me :)

#ifndef XMLSEC_NO_AES
     if(xmlSecKeyDataCheckId(data, xmlSecNssKeyDataDesId)) {
         ctx->cipher = CKM_AES_KEY_GEN;
     } else
#endif  /* XMLSEC_NO_AES */

It is possible that there are issues with *App* methods but as I wrote
before, these methods are used in xmlsec for testing and I would really
love to have some testing done on my side before I can checkin new
stuff :)

I'll continue playing with these changes but I'll probably look at the
x509.c/x509vfy.c changes first