[xmlsec] Problem with some cert which has a negative serial number

Michael Mi Hao.Mi at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 21 19:52:32 PST 2005

For a bn like "FF FF FF FF", the string format can be created as following:

1) The first byte is bigger than 127, so a "-" should be added to the
result;
2) calculate the "complement" code of "FF FF FF FF", it is "00 00 00 01";
3) the result is "-0001". (How comes the three-zero? I am not so sure at
this moment, but we can find way if necessary.)

Now the "-0001" is written into the xml file. The leading zero is used
to recover the 4 "FF". If we just write "-1" into the xml file, how can
we re-generate the "FF FF FF FF"?

At this moment, Chander and I are trying to do the test. We'll let you
know any result.

Michael