[xmlsec] Thread safety?

Erwann ABALEA erwann.abalea at keynectis.com
Thu Dec 16 08:41:08 PST 2004

Bonjour,

Hodie XVIII Kal. Ian. MMV est, Aleksey Sanin scripsit:
> Hm.. I have a strange feeling that I already answered on *exactly* the
> same question:
>
> http://www.aleksey.com/pipermail/xmlsec/2003/000546.html

The answer is not complete. The crypto libraries don't only need to be
compiled with threads support, some code has to be added. For
example, OpenSSL requires the application to call the
CRYPTO_set_id_callback() and CRYPTO_set_locking_callback() functions
with the right arguments. If you don't do it, OpenSSL can't safely be
used in a multithreaded program.

--
Erwann ABALEA <erwann.abalea at keynectis.com>