[xmlsec] xml digital signatures

Vineet Bhargava vineet.bhargava at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:32:28 PST 2004

To prevent any more confusion, I basically want to generate the
following XML document. I have the necessary keys and the input data,
i.e. Alpha and Beta. How do I go about signing the document (creating
the output document given below)? Even if I use XMLsec what kind of
XML document should I give as input? Should the soap envelope and
header be included? I hope I have made my problem clear.

Thanks,
Vineet
---
REQUIRED OUTPUT:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:wsse="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/04/secext">
<soap:Header><wsse:BinarySecurityToken
EncodingType="wsse:Base64Binary" Id="X509Token"
ValueType="wsse:X509v3">MI...IQ</wsse:BinarySecurityToken>
<wsse:Security>
<Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
<SignedInfo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
<CanonicalizationMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"/>
<SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/>
<Reference URI="#MsgBody">
<DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/>
<DigestValue>pav...1k=</DigestValue>
</Reference>
</SignedInfo>
<SignatureValue>Jxz...jQ=</SignatureValue>
<KeyInfo>
<SecurityTokenReference xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/04/secext">
<Reference URI="X509Token"/>
</SecurityTokenReference>
</KeyInfo>
</Signature>
</wsse:Security>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body Id="MsgBody">
<firstName>Alpha</firstName><lastName>Beta</lastName>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>