[xmlsec] Certificate verification failure

nitin singh xml_prgrm at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 13:34:58 PST 2004

Hello,
I am running same program (genrating and verifying
signautres ) on pentium and arm processor (both
linux). The ceritificates used have been generated
using openssl and verified using
openssl verify -CAfile cacert.pem ca2cert.pem.

When I run the program on pentium based machine, I get
correct signature and can verfiy as well.
But on Arm machine, the signature verification fails.
Following is the error,
func=xmlSecOpenSSLX509StoreVerify:file=x509vfy.c:line=351:obj=x509-store:subj=unknown:error=71:certificate
verification failed:err=7;msg=certificate signature
failure
func=xmlSecKeysMngrGetKey:file=keys.c:line=1364:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecKeysMngrFindKey:error=1:xmlsec
library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessKeyInfoNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=871:obj=unknown:subj=unknown:error=45:key
is not found:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessSignatureNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=565:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessKeyInfoNode:error=1:xmlsec
library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxVerify:file=xmldsig.c:line=366:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxSigantureProcessNode:error=1:xmlsec
library function failed:
Error: signature verify

Error unable to verify

As you can see the error is generated in verifying the
cert chain , rather than digests etc. "Signature
failure is strange" because
 openssl command line utility can verify the cert
chain on (both processors).
I have no clue why this is happening.
Please help
Nitin