[xmlsec] Announce : Lasso 0.5.0

Valéry Febvre vfebvre at easter-eggs.com
Tue Nov 30 07:49:05 PST 2004

I write to announce (a bit late) the Lasso 0.5.0 release.
I guess some folks here would be interested.

Lasso is a free software C library aiming to implement the Liberty
Alliance standards (http://www.projectliberty.org); it defines processes
for federated identities, single sign-on and related protocols. Lasso is
currently focused on implementing the Liberty Alliance ID-FF 1.2
protocols.

It is built on top of GLib, libxml2 and naturally uses XMLSec1 for XML
signature end encryption. It's licensed under the GNU General Public
License (with an OpenSSL exception).

SWIG (http://www.swig.org) is used to provide high-level bindings for
other languages. Currently tested and distributed bindings are Python,
Java and PHP as well as .NET assemblies (for C# and the .NET runtime
environment).

It is primarly developed on GNU/Linux and works on many UNIX
environments (including Apple MacOS X) and on Microsoft Windows.

Homepage : http://lasso.entrouvert.org/

Valéry