[xmlsec] detached encrypted key

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Fri Oct 29 11:23:56 PDT 2004

> I understand the problem, it is like Xpointer
> evaluation
>  of URI attribute in RetreivalMethod fails because the
> ID attribute of Encrypted Key is still not registered
> with the libxml2.
Not sure I understand this. xmlsec first parses the XML
using libxml2 and most of ID attributes are registered
*before* xmlsec code is executed. xmlsec does register
ID attributes for XMLEnc and XMLDSig schema automatically
and it is one of the first things xmlsec is doing.

> I know that xmlsec registers these ID attributes only
> when
> reading the Encrypted key or Encrypted Data elements.
I think you are mistaken or I don't understand what you mean.

A *small* example that demonstrates your problem will be helpful.