[xmlsec] RE: Handling CID: moniker to sign attachments

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Oct 27 08:49:52 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 02:53:49PM -0700, Robert Fox wrote:
> adding my custom handler never got hit, because it is added to the
> callback list AFTER the defaults, so it never gets hit...

  Hum, I'm pretty sure I was walking that list *backward* precisely
to have user provided handler taking priority, at least at the libxml2
level:

xmlIO.c, __xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilename:
------
    /*
     * Try to find one of the input accept method accepting that scheme
     * Go in reverse to give precedence to user defined handlers.
     */
    if (context == NULL) {
        for (i = xmlInputCallbackNr - 1;i >= 0;i--) {
            if ((xmlInputCallbackTable[i].matchcallback != NULL) &&
                (xmlInputCallbackTable[i].matchcallback(URI) != 0)) {
                context = xmlInputCallbackTable[i].opencallback(URI);
                if (context != NULL) {
                    break;
------

Daniel