[xmlsec] Handling CID: moniker to sign attachments

Robert Fox robertf at softshare.com
Fri Oct 22 09:22:06 PDT 2004

I am new to libxml and xmlsec, and having a hard time figuring out how
to wedge in a protocol handler to take care of resolving cid references.
I looked at the links below, and just am not sure how this would work
for selectively handling cid, but letting everything else (http, ftp,
etc) pass through... I have looked through the documentation, and traced
the source...

my real question is this: By now, I assume that many of you have had to
implement handling the signing of attachments, I am just looking for a
good starting point of how you implemented this. I assume I have to
somehow tap into the xmlSecTransformCtxUriExecute function and do my own
file reading... but can't seem to figure out how..

any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I saw a thread in the mail list regarding this, the original answer is
posted at the bottom of this email, I have read the links, and still am
unsure how to proceed on this.

~Rob