[xmlsec] Re: Detached Signatures (same-document)

Larry Bugbee bugbee at seanet.com
Sun Oct 10 22:51:17 PDT 2004

On Oct 10, 2004, at 10:00 PM, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> XML spec does not say that ID attribute should have name "Id".
> It can be anything (for example, I can have ID attribute with
> name like "ThisIsMyID"). The only way to identify the ID
> attribute is to mark it as such in DTD, XML Schema, or directly
> in application.

Oops.  That is what I was missing.  Sorry.

FWIW, I didn't find what you just said in my travels ...people, email,
books, sites, specs.  It sure looks like a lot of us missed it.
Section 3.2 of the FAQ indeed provides the answer, but to a different
problem.  Section 3.3's error was closer, but the Visa discussion
didn't apply to me so I moved on.  Perhaps some rephrasing?

Anyway, my thanks.  This one has been driving me nuts.  I made the
change and it works nicely.

Larry